Traffic Control Drop Arms
|Type||Active Vehicle Barrier|
|Ideal For||Applications ranging from high security access control points to simple traffic control|
|Often Used With|
CCTV, Canopies, Tiger Teeth, Card Readers, Fixed or Pop-up Bollards, Sign and Signal Packages, Xtreme Mobile Barrier (XMB™), Ground Retractable Automobile Barrier (GRAB®), Overspeed Directional Detection System (ODDS®)
FutureNet Security Solutions™ sells and installs active barrier traffic control drop arms to fit a variety of applications and needs. These drop arms can be used as part of a high security access control point or as a simple barrier to control traffic flow. FutureNet Security Solutions™ will present you with options to fit your security needs while maximizing safety and minimizing exposure to risk in non-threat situations.
The UA Series is constructed of sturdy industrial grade materials which minimize maintenance and ensure long-term reliability. The barrier drop arm can operate as a stand alone unit or be interfaced with programmable logic controllers (PLC) which maximize their integration capabilities with other access and security control systems.
Choose from the Following Series:
- UA-10 – Up to a 10’ arm length
- UA-15 – Up to a 15’ arm length
- UA-12 – Up to a 12’ arm length
- UA-20 – Up to a 20’ arm length
- Maintenance-free torque motor drive unit
- Unlimited continuous operation
- Simple mechanical construction
- Extended reliability with low maintenance
- Opening speed: 2.3 seconds
- Optional opening speed: 1.2 seconds (up to 12’ arm)
- Barrier arm lengths up to 20 feet
- Articulating (folding) arm option
- Integral logic controller
- Easily configured for specific installation requirements
- Plug-in inductive loop detectors
- Isolated control logic input and output signals
- LED indicators for status and diagnostics
- Manual or fully automatic operation
- Field configurable for maximum flexibility
- Automatic drop arm raise on power failure
Power Fail Protection Automatic arm raise on power failure.
- Voltage 115V AC+/-10%, Optional 230V. AC
- Frequency 60 Hz single phase, (50 Hz 230V.)
- Current Consumption 80 VA typical.
- Environmental Splash proof housing IP55. Conformal coating on printed circuit boards
- perating Temperature 14° to 131° Fahrenheit (-10° to 55° Centigrade).
- 0.064in. (1.6mm) galvanized steel. (Stainless steel 3CR 12 optional.)
- Finish Epoxy powder coated (exterior grade).
White (Other colors available on request.)
- Side Door 27in. (H) x 10in. (W), (690mm x 260mm) hinged and lockable.
- Lid Top lid, internally double latched, removable.
Bolt down, using four anchor bolts.
Barrier Arm Material:
- Extruded aluminum tubing. Break-away and Wood Arm (Adapter available.)
- Optional wood arm adapter up to 12′ max length.
- White epoxy powder coated, wrapped with 2 in. (50mm) spiral red tape.
- Weight 0.54 lbs per foot (0.81kgs per meter).
Packaging Excluding Arm Shipping Weight :
Weight Excluding Arm :
123 lbs (56kgs).
Inductive Loop Detectors Type:
Single channel 12/24V, 110V.
Automatic closing, arming or auxiliary.
Gross Dimensions :
40 in.(H) x 17 in.(W) x 22 in.(D).
(1016mm x 432mm x 559mm).
- 35 in. (H) x 13.5 in. (W) x 15 in. (D)
(885mm x 345mm x 380mm)
- 3 in. (76.2mm) outside diameter, 0.05 in.
(1.27mm) wall thickness.
– UA-10′ (3m) 10 ft. (3m)
– UA-12′ (3.66m) Up to 12 ft. (3.66m)
– UA-15′ (4.5m) Up to 15 ft. (4.5m)
– UA-20′ (6m) Up to 20 ft. (6m)
Optional articulated knuckle (jack-knife) assembly available for UA-10 models only. Arm Height Center line to barrier base, 32 in. (820mm)
Drive Mechanism Motor:
- Torque motor/gearbox combination.
- Output Torque 20Nm approximately.
- Shaft speed 10 RPM under load. (Optional 25 RPM)
Approximately 2.5 seconds for 90 degree travel. (25RPM approx. 1.2 seconds for 90° travelmax. arm length 12′).
Travel 90 degrees.
Offset lever arm drive reduces 180 degree travel to 90 degree travel at arm pivot, overcenter, locked in raised and lowered position while under power.
Polyurethane buffer end stops.
Dual adjustable counterbalance tension springs, according to length of arm.
Configurable for reverse operation, left or right.